Qualified Signal Person & Qualified Rigger Training
- Course includes trainee certification cards and literature
New OSHA regulation effective November 8, 2010: “Cranes And Derricks In Construction”, mandates specific training certifications for all crane operations.
When is a signal person required?
A signal person is required when:
- The point of operation is not in full view of the operator (1926.1419(a))
- The operator‘s view is obstructed in the direction the equipment is traveling
- Either the operator or the person handling the load determines that a signal person is needed because of site-specific safety concerns
When is a qualified rigger required?
- Employers must use qualified riggers during hoisting activities for assembly and disassembly work (1926.1404(r)(1))
- Additionally, qualified riggers are required whenever workers are within the fall zone and hooking, unhooking, or guiding a load, or doing the initial connection of a load to a component or structure (1926.1425(c))
For more information call 888-TRY-DIAMond (888-879-3426).