Interested in becoming part of the Diamond Tool team? For general inquiries about what positions may be available, please send an email to email@example.com and a human resources representive will be in touch if necessary. Click here to download our employment application.
About the company: Diamond Tool is a growing Philadelphia-based business with a professional yet friendly work environment. On the job training is available in our busy 20,000 square foot showroom, which is unique to the tri-state area. We are minutes from Center City, the Naval Yard and Delaware County. We are located in South Philadelphia, convenient to public transportation and major highways. We are a contractor supply company. Just because you may not be familiar with our industry does not mean you cannot build a solid career here. Because this is a growing company, there are many opportunities for advancement for a person with initiative. We value our employees highly, and are looking for someone who wants to find a place for a rewarding career. Any offer of employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screening.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.
The Rental Manager ties together all of the on-going rental activity of industry equipment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Tracks and manages utilization of equipment
- Develops rental and leasing prospecting plans
- Shares in responsibilities and plans for utilization mix of rental fleet and ensures equipment is in the right place at the right time to meet demands
- Monitors performance of the rental fleet to ensure each unit is achieving its budgeted targets for revenue and profitability
- Manages equipment maintenance and repair, ensuring that all fleet is properly maintained to maximize the rental-readiness and utilization of the equipment
- Recommends and executes fleet optimization to improve the fleet mix and overall performance, including adding units that are in high demand, transferring underperforming units out of the stores, or selling aging equipment that is prone to breakdowns
- Manage sales processes and marketing programs for new rental accounts
- Manage existing assigned rental accounts, ensuring customer service and coordinating problem resolution among store staff
- Coordinates with sales team to increase rental income
Qualifications and Skills:
- Rental/leasing experience
- Equipment industry experience (at least 2 years)
- Sales background is a plus
- Working knowledge of key categories of rental equipment, including basic applications, features, benefits, and safety issues.
- Understanding of financial statements and performance reporting.
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- At least 2 years of management experience is required
- College degree preferred
DELIVERY DRIVER: CLASS A LICENSE IS REQUIRED IN ORDER TO APPLY
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Promote growth of new business and assist company to sustain existing business in a professional and friendly manner
- Load truck and make deliveries and pick-ups to assigned areas
- Operate equipment
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on company trucks and equipment
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records
- Ensure deliveries are made on time and according to Roadnet Manifest
- Communicate effectively with supervisor
- Operate vehicle safely
- Keep vehicle clean and well maintained
- Work in all weather conditions
- High school degree or equivalent
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Demonstrate ability to maintain excellent attendance and customer service
- Ability to lift at least 70 pounds
- Able to operate and transport equipment used in our business
- Able to secure loads and transport safely
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits include health and dental care, a 401k plan and tuition reimbursement. Working with a company that promotes from within and highly values its workers. If you are given an offer of employment, it will be contingent on a drug screening.
- Oversees all routes and scheduling of routes
- Fleet management tasks
- Counsels and coaches drivers
- Takes all scheduling and driver complaints
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems
- Perform clerical duties as needed including maintenance of vehicle records
- Completes assignment of special projects
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- 3–5 years’ dispatch experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- On time every day
- Knowledge of Roadnet software and JJ Keller software preferred
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines
- Previous operations, dispatch, or driver experience
- Computer literate
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
Benefits include medical/dental/vision benefits, paid time off, 401k and more.