Interested in becoming part of the Diamond Tool team? For general inquiries about what positions may be available, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our human resources representive will be in touch if necessary. Click here to download our employment application.
About the company: Diamond Tool is a growing Philadelphia-based business with a professional yet friendly work environment. We are headquarterd in South Philadelphia, convenient to public transportation and major highways. We have additional locations in Bristol PA and Southern NJ. We are a contractor supply company. Just because you may not be familiar with our industry does not mean you cannot build a solid career here. Because this is a growing company, there are many opportunities for advancement for a person with initiative. We value our employees highly, and are looking for someone who wants to find a place for a rewarding career. Any offer of employment may be contingent on a pre-employment drug screening.
We offer excellent health benefits (medical/dental/vision), generous paid time off and holidays, year-end bonus based on performance, tuition assistance and a company matched 401k plan.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any associate or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, genetic information or other basis protected by law.
Yard Maintenance Associate - posted 9/8/2020
Job Responsibility: Maintain the cleanliness of the rental yard and keep the equipment organized to minimize customer wait time. This position assists customers with equipment check-in, cleaning and fueling of equipment, and staging equipment for the mechanic or technician.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Two years of experience operating various types of construction equipment preferred
- Valid State issued driver’s license
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent experience
- Oversees all activity in the yard area and ensures organization and order at all time
- Ensures all equipment is cleaned and properly secured in the yard
- Communicate with immediate manager and counter personnel on damages or missing parts upon return of equipment
- Must work safely and be on time for shift
- Must be able to lift, push or pull a minimum of 75 lbs. and occasionally 100 lbs. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to feel or operate machinery, talk and hear. The employee is also frequently required to reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl.
Rental Manager - posted 9/10/20
The Rental Manager ties together all of the on-going rental activity of construction equipment.
- Tracks and manages utilization of equipment
- Develops rental and leasing prospecting plans
- Shares in responsibilities and plans for utilization mix of rental fleet and ensures equipment is in the right place at the right time to meet demands
- Monitors performance of the rental fleet to ensure each unit is achieving its budgeted targets for revenue and profitability
- Manages equipment maintenance and repair, ensuring that all fleet is properly maintained to maximize the rental-readiness and utilization of the equipment
- Recommends and executes fleet optimization to improve the fleet mix and overall performance, including adding units that are in high demand, transferring underperforming units out of the stores, or selling aging equipment that is prone to breakdowns
- Manage sales processes and marketing programs for new rental accounts
- Manage existing assigned rental accounts, ensuring customer service and coordinating problem resolution among store staff
- Coordinates with sales team to increase rental income
Qualifications and Skills:
- Rental/leasing experience
- Construction equipment experience (at least 2 years)
- Sales background is a plus
- Working knowledge of key categories of rental equipment, including basic applications, features, benefits, and safety issues.
- Understanding of financial statements and performance reporting.
- Excellent managerial and administrative skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- At least 2 years of management experience is required
- College degree preferred